Dear Prince William family, friends, and neighbors,
Today, VDOT notified us that the additional lanes on I-66 are now in service. Hopefully, this additional bandwidth for those of you who use I-66 will make your “Back to School” week a little easier!
Over the last several months, VDOT has added four miles of additional capacity and an extension of the HOV network between Route 15 in Haymarket and Route 29 in Gainesville, as construction has wrapped to widen the interstate from four to eight lanes. The project also included an additional left turn lane on the westbound ramp to route 15, new bridges for Old Carolina and Catharpin Roads, including ten-foot-wide shared-use paths. New drainage structures, relocated utilities, retaining walls, sound barriers, landscaping, and lighting were also part of this project.
Approximately 52,000 vehicles per day travel this section of I-66. Thankfully, this project was completed on-time and on-budget.
The work on the interchange of I-66 and Route 15 (Haymarket) is a separate project and will continue through the fall of 2017.
WE’RE HERE, SO PLEASE CALL ON US! If we can assist in any way, please connect with us in these ways:
• Call your 51st House District legislative office at 571-264-9983
• Email Legislative Aide Tommy Herbert at email@example.com
• Email Neighborhood Outreach Coordinator Kristina Kotlus at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Email me at DelRAnderson@house.virginia.gov
• Call my Woodbridge home (703-730-1380) if your need is urgent and can’t wait until the next business day
We’re as close as your phone or keyboard, 24/7/365…and we look forward to seeing you soon and often!
RICHARD L. ANDERSON
Delegate, 51st House District
Virginia General Assembly